Tuesday, October 13, 2015

In Case You Were Wondering

I am thinking of starting a new series of posts designed to make everyone else feel just a little bit better about themselves.

Some short but sweet posts that let you inside the crazy confines of my brain (even more than usual.) Some confessions about how I clean these days (not well) things I actually say out loud to my children (you will be horrified) and other such deep, dark secrets.

The purpose is two-fold:

First, I get little satisfaction from being slightly and legitimately insane (some, but little.) BUT, if I can use that madness to both entertain and comfort you (at least I'm not as crazy she is!) Well, then my life of lunacy will be a life well lived. 

Second, short but sweet. Emphasis on the short. I tend to write kind of a lot on my posts. Blogging is super cathatric for me and makes me feel a little less alone in the world. HOWEVER, when I write a lot...I get less homework done. It is difficult to put into words how completely time and energy and life consuming finishing my degree has been for me. This past year of school has felt like less like an adventure and more like a horrific ordeal. I used to think I was excited to learn new things. I was wrong.

I would like to compare it to being buried under 700 tons of ice cream:

Ice cream? Gooooood! 
Being entombed in ice cream? Cold. And sticky. And asphyxiating.

Stay tuned.


1 comment:

  1. I think you cross-stitch, "My Life of Lunacy is A Life Well-Lived" on a throw pillow. Just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete